12 Things You Didn't Know About Thread Lifts
There are many procedures that can help improve the appearance of skin and body, and Thread Lifts are ideal if you are looking for a non-surgical treatment for your face.
Below are 12 facts about Thread Lifts that you may not know:
- It is an outpatient procedure. This means that it does not require admission to an operating room.
- The result with Thread Lifts lasts for 1.5 years.
- The application time is only 15 minutes.
- Thread Lifts help create tension in the skin to prevent it from looking saggy, and help to conceal small wrinkles or lift certain parts of the face. In addition to their lifting effect, they help to generate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin.
- The origin of these threads emerged in Japan. They are used there to perform internal sutures in surgeries due to their biocompatibility.
- It is a minimally invasive procedure and recovery is almost immediate. The level of pain during application is minimal.
- There is no stipulated age to start with Thread Lifts. Any adult can start the treatment, as long as a correct evaluation is carried out by the responsible surgeon.
- They can be used on the face and neck.
- The threads do not prevent other procedures from being performed on the face or neck. However, any intervention requires the accompaniment of a professional in the area.
- There are 2 types of threads: Permanent and Temporary.
- Some additional benefits of Thread Lifts include:
- Lifting the cheeks
- Giving a younger appearance to the face
- Reducing wrinkles and expression lines
- Helping to firm the neck
- Firming the facial contour that is lost with age.
What are the postoperative care instructions?
The postoperative care of Thread Lifts is not complex. However, it is very important to follow the surgeon's recommendations so that the procedure is successful. It is possible that there may be some inflammation in the treated area, but this is completely normal after any surgical or non-surgical intervention, since the skin is a very sensitive organ.
What products should be used to care for the skin after Thread Lifts?
It is most advisable that any product that you wish to apply to the treated area be consulted with the responsible surgeon to ensure that there is no reaction on the skin that could affect the skin or the treatment that has just been performed with the threads.
If you want to undergo any type of facial or body rejuvenation procedure, schedule your appointment with Dr. Luis Carlos Posada in Bogotá and Medellín, a plastic surgeon affiliated with the Colombian Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery.