Coolifting: what is it and what are its benefits?
Lines, wrinkles, and lack of luminosity in the skin are common signs of aging that often appear at an early age due to external factors such as sunlight. However, thanks to today's technological advances, there are alternatives that allow for improving the appearance of the skin without surgery. Many patients seek effective options with quick results that give the skin a luminous and rejuvenated appearance. Coolifting technology allows achieving these results and is ideal for those who want to look their best before an important event or occasion.
How does Coolifting work?
This non-surgical and non-invasive procedure is performed using a gun that emits CO2 and some nebulized actives such as hyaluronic acid, at low temperatures but with high pressure to achieve effects such as:
- Thermal shock: Generally, tissue temperature is at 36°C, by exposing it to low temperatures suddenly, a deep dermal reaction is triggered.
- Vasomotricity: Thanks to the cold stimulus, the vessels of the microcirculation contract and extract to achieve multiple vasoconstrictions.
- Cryophoresis or barophoresis: The sum of pressure and cold allows Coolifting's actives to penetrate the skin better and its effects to increase exponentially.
This aesthetic treatment allows rejuvenating the face without the need for surgery, and the results are visible from the first session without any visible "marks" on the skin. But this is just one of the multiple benefits that can be obtained:
- Provides luminosity to the skin.
- Improves blood circulation in the face.
- Thanks to Coolifting, tissue oxygenation increases, allowing the skin to look rejuvenated due to its cold effect.
- Stimulates more collagen and elastin production.
- Its results are not only superficial, the skin will also be healthier.
Coolifting is an outpatient procedure that does not require anesthesia, and its results last approximately between 8 and 10 months. However, it is important to emphasize that each patient is different, and for this reason, the application time may vary. The prior evaluation consultation before any surgical or non-surgical treatment or procedure is essential. In this space, the patient can learn about all the existing options depending on the desired result, and the professional can explain the different options for improving the appearance of the skin, always taking into account the desired appearance and offering the most appropriate methods according to the patient's needs.
If you want to undergo a surgical or non-surgical procedure, schedule your appointment with Dr. Luis Carlos Posada in Bogotá and Medellín, a plastic surgeon affiliated with the Colombian Society of Plastic and Esthetic Surgery.